Last updated: November 1, 2020
Your Rights and Choices
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California consumers specific rights concerning their personal information, including the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and share or sell. This Section describes your rights and how you may exercise those rights, as well as how we and third parties handle your personal information.
You or your authorized agent may request a disclosure of your personal information that we collect, use, disclose, or sell, to delete your personal information that we collect or maintain, or to opt out of the sharing or sale of your personal information. If you choose to submit a request through an authorized agent, as detailed below, we will require proof that the authorized agent has your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. Additionally, we may require you to verify your identity with us through the verification process set forth below. We will not discriminate against you in the provision of products based on your exercise of these rights.
The Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information from and about you, including:
• Personal identifiers, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number;
• Consumer habits, such as purchasing history; and
• Information about your internet connection, equipment used to access the Website, browser type, usage details, IP address, or persistent electronic identifiers.
We may also collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you in our records. When you purchase a product through our Website, you will be required to provide payment-related information that we use to charge for our products, such as a debit card number or credit card number. All transactions are processed by our third-party payment vendors. We do not collect, store, or maintain any credit card or debit card information after the transaction is processed and verified. It is instead transiently collected, shared with and processed through these third-party payment vendors. We do not share your credit or debit card information with any vendors, other than our third-party payment vendors.
Additional information about you or your household that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your personal interests and product preferences, may also be collected and retained in our business records. We use this information to fulfill the purpose for which it was provided and to market and sell you products. Some personal information in this category may overlap with other categories.
Use of Personal Information
We may collect or share the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
• Provide functionality of the Website;
• Administer and manage our company;
• Provide client service and/or marketing products or services;
• Conduct research and perform analysis to measure, maintain, protect, develop, and improve our products or services;
• Administer, enhance, and communicate with you regarding events, marketing, and advertising;
• Make communications necessary to notify you regarding order confirmations, products, services, market research, requests, marketing, security, privacy, and administrative issues;
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; and/or
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Sharing Personal Information
California's “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not disclosed and/or sold personal information to third parties for a commercial or business purpose. If and when we disclose or sell personal information for a commercial or business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Requests to Know and Requests to Delete
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (“Request to Know”). Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you;
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, disclosing, or selling that personal information;
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you; and
• If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business or commercial purpose, two separate lists indicating sales (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased), and disclosures (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained).
You have the right to receive your personal information in a portable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity.
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained (“Request to Delete”), subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer Request to Delete, we will delete (and/or direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
You may submit verifiable requests concerning any of your rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable methods for verifying that the person making a Request to Know or a Request to Delete is the individual about whom we have collected personal information. This may involve, depending on the nature of the request, confirming that the email address provided corresponds with our records concerning the individual. Additional reasonable measures may also be required to verify the identity of the person making the request depending on the circumstances. For deletion requests, you will be required to submit the Request to Delete, and then separately confirm that you want your personal information deleted. To the extent that you wish to use an authorized agent to make requests concerning the rights set forth above, you will need to provide us either with a power of attorney or, alternatively, with written authorization to communicate with your authorized agent.
We will confirm receipt of your Request to Know or Request to Delete within 10 business days of the request, and generally respond within 45 calendar days of the request. If we need additional time to respond to your request beyond the 45 calendar days, we will provide you with notice explaining the reasons we need more time, and we will then take up to an additional 45 calendar days to respond to your request.
Your Request to Know or Request to Delete may be denied for any reason allowable under the CCPA. For example, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
• Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
• Comply with a legal obligation; or
• Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it or any other purpose permitted by the CCPA.
Similarly, we may deny requests:
• For specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of that personal information, your account with us, or the security of our systems or networks;
• To access or delete information that is de-identified; or
• If your identity cannot be verified to a degree of certainty required by the CCPA.
Requests to Opt Out
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to opt out of the selling of your personal information. We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
You may opt out of the selling of your personal information by clicking on this link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Changes to this Notice
This Notice is effective as of the date stated at the top of this page. We may change this Notice from time to time, and we will post any changes on this page as soon as they go into effect. By accessing the Website after we make any such changes to this Notice, you are deemed to have accepted such changes. If you are a California resident, please refer to this Notice on a regular basis.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions regarding this Notice, please direct inquiries to email@example.com.